What is a Good News Club ?
A Good News Club is a weekly Bible club for children commencing in late September, early October and runs for around 24 weeks until Easter. The children are taught by Christians who genuinely know and love the Lord Jesus and are concerned for the spiritual needs of children. Currently in Ireland there are around 215 GNC's taking place each week reaching more than 4,500 children!
The GNC programme
Boys and girls attending GNC are aged from 4 to 12 years old and they meet for an exciting programme which consists of:
- Memorizing Bible verses
- Missionary focus
- Bible lesson
At Good News Clubs children have the opportunity to receive consistent teaching from the Word of God.
What are the aims?
- to provide teaching for the saved child and to encourage spiritual growth
- to clearly present the message of the Gospel to unsaved children
- to supplement the work of the local church by helping them reach the unreached children in their neighbourhood and to see these children channeled back into the local church.
When and Where?
Good News Clubs are held regularly each week and the club lasts approximately one hour, after school or in the early evening. Clubs can be held in various places:
- community centres/houses
- mission halls and church halls
How can you help?
You can help in various ways:
- become a Good News Club leader - responsible for the club programme
- open your home - invite the children in
- become a helper - assisting with the programme
- become a prayer partner - praying for the clubs, the teachers and the children who attend.
Experienced CEF workers can provide training and help you get started. Ready-to-use programmes and sets of materials are available. If you would like to start or be involved in a CEF Good News Club, please click here to indicate your interest along with your name, address and church connection and we will be in touch.
GNC Prayer and Praise.
Each month National Office compiles a prayer and praise sheet for use in the Good News Clubs. This is used to encourage the children to think and pray about CEF missionaries and get them interested in Missions. There is also a focus on a particualr country each GNC year.